CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Trust like a little child's!

The other day while I was outside with the kids jasmine (2) was plaing on the jungle gym in our back yard. When she wanted to get down she called to us and the other child care worker I was with (Victoria) went to get her. She told her to jump and she would catch her but istead of jumping jasmine just let herself fall face first forward. Of course Vicky caught her fine and we laughed and commented at how much trust she had that she would just let herself fall like that trusting completely that we would catch her. Well later on I was thinking about this and I realized that in this little act of a trusting child there was so much for me to apply to my own life. I must admit at times I try to push god around and tell him how he should do things. When he asks me to just trust him and let go I often times try to tell him that he shouldn’t expect me to do that as it would be just plain to diffcult. But he just looks at me and tells me to let go and just drop into his strong capable arms. But I look down at the waves at the things I will miss if I yeild to his will I hesitate and try to reason him out of it. But through seeing this act of simple trust from this child I wondered what it would be like to just let go when he told me to and feel that freedom of falling and being caught in the hold of my savior. Well I decide I would try and put it to practice in my own life. well the situation posed its self a few days later. The lord was again asking me to just trust his will and let go. I ran back over all the times I had struggled with this and tried to work it out on my own. And I pictured jasmine letting herself fall and being caught easely in her teachers arms. And then I pictured me standing on a very high place there was no way for me to get down and there at the bottem was jesus his arms outstreached waiting beckoning me to jump and he would catch me. For a a split second I stutterd and then I let my self go…I felt that sensation of free falling the air rushing past me and the wind wiping my hair. And then I felt myself being caught in strong arms and I felt a feeling of complete trust envelope me. Well in the days to come when I would begin to question my resolve to trust him I again remembered that beautiful feeling of being held tight in his arms and I felt so glad I had trusted like a little child and let go.




1 comments:

Simply me said...

That was so beautiful. Thank you for posting it. I love you Mwah!!!!