CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just let it go...


" Just let it go, stop holding so tight to it and let me have it." He said to me.
" But it will hurt." I whined as I cluched my heart and plans all the tighter.
" It will only hurt a little but the freedom you will feel will be so much better." He smiled as he reached out to take it from my grasp.
" But...I don't want it to hurt at all." I said turning away from his sad face.
" Please..." he asked his voice calm and pleading.
So many times I've had this conversation with the lord and so many times I've walked away from that pleading face not wanting to see the hurt written all over his patient face. Its so hard for me to give up my plans and way of doing things to let him rip them to shreds and plan new ones of his own. Its so difficult for me to watch the last little pieces of my plans and dreams slip away although I know he's planning something that's even better for me in the long run. I guess its something we all struggle with yielding and forsaking letting him have our plans and our hearts and letting him do what he wants with them. Today I had a conversation like this with him but instead of walking away I decided to give them to him slowly I handed over my plans and watched as he got rid of them than I handed over my heart and felt the ache of it but right after it passed from me to him he smiled at me and I felt the most beautiful and peaceful feeling. He was right although it hurt at first once I let it go it felt so much better and I wondered why I ever held on to them.

0 comments: