CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rewards!

(Dad:) "Sure, the life of a disciple, the life of a missionary, is not an easy one. I'm the first to admit that! But I'm also eager to add that you'll never regret living a life of sacrifice. What you gain in return is so much more weighty, so much more glorious, so much more rewarding than anything you ever gave up, that it almost makes you ashamed that you ever flinched about having to give something up for the Lord. I'll tell you what, when I was received into the gates of Heaven, I fell down on my knees and told the Lord that I was unworthy. Everything that the Lord gave me was worth a million times a million times more than anything that I'd given up in my life on Earth! (Note: When Dad says 'a million times a million times,' that's not a typo or a mistake but an actual indication of the size of his reward!...)" (3186:38-39)

Editor: Here's a mathematics exercise:

A million times a million is a trillion. How much is a trillion-fold return on your investment?

* If you give up one second of pleasure....

...you get back 31,700 years of pleasure.

* If you give up one minute of pleasure...

...you get back 1.9 million years of pleasure.

* If you give up a penny...

...you get back 10 billion dollars.

* If you forgo a date or a mate...

...well, you get the idea!

0 comments: